Well alot has happened since last time I posted, including a really cool trip to the planetarium. The planetarium is pretty small, but it is run by a retired astronomy professor and was really cool. We got a general tour of southern hemisphere constelations, info about the importance of star gazing in Inca culture and some close up views through a telescope. We got to see some brightly colored stars, a close up of a star that is actually more than a million stars and saturn and its rings. It was really cool, one of the girls in our group said it looked like a sticker, and it kind of did!
Then we had a massive weekend of going out because Felicia from Denmark, Felicia from Baltimore, Stephanie from Alaska and Jaime, our cook, all left the house. It was fairly emotional. This morning I was facebook chatting with Felicia from Denmark and I showed her a video of the Dirty Dash and she said she wants to save her money and come! So I have been tenativly planning an awesome trip for her, but it depends when school dates start and when next years race dates are. All we know so far is that we will definitly do the mud run and Disney land. So far everyone in the house says they are coming. Maybe I will be surprised! Anyone who wants to see the video can look at http://www.thedirtydash.com/
Last week we also booked Machu Picchu. We went through this agency and the process was insane. There were these three Peruvian women who kept yelling back and forth, and talking on two phones at the same time and things like that. The booking process for Machu Picchu tickets reciently went online and everyone has to use it. The process has apparently been stressful. I am pretty excited to visit and do some hiking.
My roommates and I are also planning a week in the jungle except that Kate can only go one week and Haley can only go the week after Kate and I don't know who to go with! They won't be alone because our friend Levin will be there for 2 weeks, but I don't know if I will like the Jungle enough to want to stay there 2 weeks. I've heard that there is a canopy walk there too, which sounds fun.
I'm organizing a talent show at my project this Friday. I'm really excited to see what everyone comes up with. There will definitely be pictures. I haven't done anything really photo worthy recently but I will look through my pictures for a few silly ones of us to post too.
No comments:
Post a Comment