So last weekend I was supposed to go to this awesome dance festival but I got sick and stayed home. My friends had a great time, but they were going to stay up all night. This was mostly because the small town would be so full of people that there wouldn't be anywhere to sleep. I was sad to miss out on the fun with Felicia and Kate, but I knew that with my cold I would have been miserable.
Then this week was Ollie's last week in the house, he left on Thursday morning for Bolivia. So on Wednesday we made cookies for him, and his friend Morgan. I used a chocolate cake mix to make the cookies and then I made cream cheese frosting. They were a huge success. Later that night we all went out to give them a good send off. We had a good time until some guy got really aggressive and wanted to fight someone, anyone, even Stephanie. We ended up leaving the club because we didn't want any trouble and then Levin remembered that when we first got there that guy had offered him coke in the bathroom. That explained a lot, but it was a pretty tense few minutes. I was glad that all of my friends were so level headed.
Ollie was a great guy to have around and the house feels empty without him. However my roommate Kate and our housemate Levin still manage to have a good time. Last night we went out with some people from my project, who we managed to loose rather quickly with the exception of Yvonni, who is from Greece. She is an engineering major and might come to a big convention in Houston in November. We are facebook friends now, so that if she makes it we can meet up for dinner or something. We were looking for her roommates and ended up at a club called Mythology. It's been closed for construction so we hadn't been there before. I liked it, there seemed to be less people who were super drunk, less cigarette smoke and fewer creepy guys starring.
I am looking forward to church tomorrow. Last time I was there one of the Sisters wanted to know if I could teach them to decorate cupcakes at a relief society activity. I didn't think I'd need anything, so I didn't bring any supplies. I'm not sure they'll still be interested once they see how much you really need to get started. Maybe someone in the ward already has some of the stuff though, that would make things much easier.
One of my roommates Nivea went to the planeterium here and she said it was really cool. It was one of her favorite things that she did while she was here and we want to go do that soon. She said that it was really awesome because they pointed out a whole bunch of constellations that you can't seen in the Northern Hemisphere. The only ones I can find here are the Southern Cross and an upside down Orion.
I have been really bad about remembering to bring my camera, so I haven't taken any pictures all week. I will try and be better about that!
Hey! This is your 'twin' in Houston!! I've been reading!! So post pictures!
ReplyDeleteHow's the work there?
How often do volunteers come and go in the house?
-melissa