Friday, August 26, 2011

Random Stuff

Well I haven´t posted since Machu Picchu because not much has happened that seemed to compare.  However I´ve been having a good time.  I made friends with three Japanese volunteers who were only here a week.  I took them to the black market and to the market at San Blas, where Mom will definitly want to go look at jewlery.  When I bought some snacks for my upcoming 10 hour bus ride to the jungle I couldn´t resist buying some reeses peanutbutter cups and a giant pixie stick for them to try.  I think they were well recieved.

Last night we tried to go to a karaoke bar.  We got there only to realize that it was the sorriest excuse for karaoke the world has ever seen.  All of the songs they had in English were either really old or really slow and sappy.  I would have been fine with singing something from before I was born if it had happend to be one that anybody had ever heard of. Ryota (Japanese med student) told me as we were getting home that it was not karaoke and that I have to come to Japan to go out with them and get it right.

Today I took the three of them to Jacks where we met up with my friend Haley and her mom, and Syndey who is new to the house.  I had a steak sandwich which was ok, but then I had what was basically a mint lime slush which was out of this world.

Now I am off to run my last minute errands before I´m off to the jungle.  I think I´m in for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment