Thursday, June 23, 2011

On Towering

As I have settled in here in Cusco new experiences have been plentiful. Perhaps the most novel for me is towering over small Peruvian women. Here I am of decidedly average height, but not to worry; horseback riding brought me back down to my true station in life. Apparently Peruvian horses aren´t any smaller than their Northern cousins. Unfortunatly for you the antics of my attempts to "mount" my brave steed Pacha were not recorded.

Tuesday, after watching a parade, some other volunteers and I went on a tour of Saqsayhuaman (sack-say-woah-man not sexy-woman) on horseback. The views were amazing and at one point we hiked down to see The Temple of the Moon, which is more of a hill with caves than a traditional temple, but very impressive regardless.

Yesterday I met up with some of the same people after lunch and we saw some of the sights around Cusco. We saw San Blas where there was a charming artesan market by the church as well as the twelve sided stone.  It was impressive but to me it looked like a theater prop! I guess not though.

After a bit of browsing and wandering around we ran into some other volunteers and went to our project. My project is in the evening and the part I help with offers free private tutoring in English.  There is a work book and the volunteers give one on one help. It is close to where I live, but a long up hill hike from where my Spanish classes will be.

There are some pictures on facebook which I can´t seem to load here!

Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment